It might seem counterintuitive, but resistance training is the best way to lose weight and keep it off. ‘Lifting weights’ has a myriad of benefits you can’t afford to miss out on.
Resistance increases muscular strength by making your muscles work against force. It can include free weights, machines, bands or your own body weight. Train two to three times per week to see these great benefits…
* Lose body fat. Weight training increases lean muscle, which in turn increases metabolism. You burn more calories even while resting.
* You gain strength without getting ‘bulky,’ something many people (especially women!) worry about.
* Your newfound strength lets you do more for a better life.
* Reduced risk of injury, back pain, arthritis, and falls.
* Increased bone strength reduces risk of osteoporosis––and can reverse symptoms if you already have it!
* Reduced risk of many chronic illnesses.
* Because you become a calorie-burning machine, it’s much easier to stay at your ideal weight.
* You feel happier, less stressed, and love the way you look.
Life is a challenge. The stronger and leaner you are, the easier and more fulfilling your life becomes.