Don’t let past failures prevent success now
We all want a strong and healthy body but thoughts about past failures can stop us from developing healthy habits now.
As a trainer, I hear a similar tale over and over: I’ve struggled with weight all my life. I’ve tried everything, and nothing has worked.
Oh, wow, how a clean slate can create amazing results.
My follow-up questions during a discussion like this:
“Have you been consistent with exercise and good nutrition?”
“Have you included resistance and cardiovascular training on a regular basis?”
In virtually all cases, the answer is no to both questions.
There is only one takeaway from this incredibly hopeful story: consistent exercise and eating good most of the time will get you a healthy body––with the bonus of getting down to your ideal weight.
Clean the Slate
So, how are we going to make this happen for you?
• You need a plan for both exercise and nutrition.
• Write it out today and get started this week.
• Make time for yourself if you want results.
Here’s the secret formula:
• Plan out days and times for exercise and don’t let anything get in the way.
• When life happens and you lose a day or two of exercise, add in another day or two and save your week.
• Plan and prepare your food every week. Spend time thinking about it. Find healthy recipes you love and make them a lot. Don’t give yourself permission to get bored with healthy foods.
• Eat at home most of time.
You have control over your health. Move it in a positive direction. It might sound impossible, but the effort it takes to eat good foods, and exercise, more than pays you back! You will uncover a flood of energy and strength after you burn a lot working out. Everything you do becomes easier and your body can fight off most chronic disease, and you just plain feel good, and this simple formula creates a cycle of happiness.
You can do it, even if it feels like you’ve tried everything. You haven’t.
Let’s wipe your slate clean and get started on what you can do.
- Jill Strand