2 chicken breasts
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 cup brown rice
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup chopped garlic (or 1/8 cup minced)
1/4 cup sliced ginger (or 1/8 cup powdered)
1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (or 1.5 Tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos)
Sriracha or chili pepper to taste
1. Prepare brown rice with 1 cup chicken broth and 1 cup water; add half of the sliced ginger to the rice while it cooks.
2. In another poem bring water to a boil; reduce to a low rolling boil and add chicken breasts. Cook for 8 minutes or until done.
3. Heat a saute pan over medium heat and add sesame oil, garlic, and remaining ginger.
4. Stir continually until garlic begins to crisp. Add soy sauce.
5. When chicken is done, cut into bite-sized pieces.
6. To serve, put 1/2 cup of rice, 4 oz. diced chicken, and 1/4 sliced cucumber in a bowl. Top with garlic mixture.
7. For extra spice, add Sriracha or chili pepper.
Nutrition: Calories: 141, Protein: 16.5g, Fat: 2g, Carbohydrates: 14g